POPAXIOM is looking for passionate writers to drive the site’s coverage of pop culture. Authors will be responsible for a particular pop culture niche, providing opinion and news, and building a reader community using their multimedia storytelling skills. The best candidates have solid writing skills, WordPress knowledge, and is engaged on social media. Targeted areas of expertise include film, television, and your favorite streaming service.
- Clean, clear, creative, and persuasive writing.
- Technically versatile and savvy enough to create content for different formats, devices, and media, including video.
- Strong familiarity with top sources for pop culture news.
- Ability to produce 3-5 weekly blog posts on a topic with varying lengths and content styles.
- Enthusiastic commitment to staying on top of the world of pop culture.
- The ability to communicate with fans through social media.
- An understanding of SEO (or willing to learn).
- WordPress knowledge.
- Available to provide a steady stream of content, 3-5 articles per week.
- You always looking for breaking news in the world of pop culture.
- Comfortable working remotely, staying in touch via e-mail, chat, text, and phone.
The perfect candidate:
- A college or high school student looking to build his or her writing portfolio. We can provide training and real-world experience that will help your resume stand out in the crowd.
- You are already established in your career but have a passion for writing. Let’s take your hobby to the next level.
In our first conversation, we will explain the payment structure. If you are looking for a full-time paycheck, this is not the right fit for you.
Start date/Application deadline:
Apply now. We will contact qualified applicants.
Send your resume to [email protected]
This job could be used as an internship as well.